Updated: Jun 18, 2020
With the first of the North American season pass sales deadlines approaching and the Australian season kicking off, we will be closely monitoring operations in the land down under to understand how a COVID-19 impacted season could unfold in North America this Winter.
Early observations in Australia provide a glimpse into what the North America ski season may look like
1) Resorts plan to open at 50% of normal capacity
2) Reservations for season pass holders will be required initially and booking early is strongly encouraged
3) Advance purchase of lift tickets will be required without a season pass. They will hold 10% of visits for walk-ups
4) Lift capacity will be reduced and only riders within the same household can share a lift
5 Lessons and activities will be limited
6) Food and beverage will be takeaway only with limited indoor seating
These changes seem sensible and give us hope that the North American season can open with similar restrictions!
Want to receive the latest updates on operations in Australia right to your inbox? Subscribe to the Avant Ski mailing list!