Updated: Aug 11
Father's Day is a great time to take advantage of off season deals. Help dad remember ski season and get ready for the next one. We also include our favorite ideas to stay cool, comfortable and active all summer long.
These items were independently chosen by The Avant Ski Contributors. Avant Ski LLC may earn a commission on purchases through these links.
1. Smith Wildcat sunglasses. There's a reason the Smith Wildcats are one of the most popular mountain biking sunglasses on the market. They offer the protection and coverage of goggles with the breathability and style of sunglasses. They come with a bright-light ChromaPop™ lens and an easily changeable clear lens, perfect for late rides or riding in heavily shaded forests.
2. Goodr sports sunglasses are comfortable, durable, polarized and don't slip or fog. They come in all colors and even have themes like Caddyshack, Batman, and the Rolling Stones. Best news, they are only $25. We'd consider getting multiple pairs and love them for all things active outdoors — spring skiing, running, biking, tennis, golf and more.
Protect Your Head
3. Sun & Sweat Protection. So comfortable, dad will barely believe he's wearing the Headsweats Super Crush Visor and soon won't be active outdoors in anything else. The inner sweatband will keep him cool and dry. One size fits all, though we find this visor best for those with small heads.
4. Smith Draplin Helmets for Road or MTB. Smith is celebrating the start of summer with the launch of their Aaron Draplin Artist Collection. Stand out on the trail or road with this colorful version of Smith’s bestselling bike helmets. Try the Trace or the Network for the Road, or the Session or Forefront 2 for mountain biking. All of these helmets will keep the air flowing and have MIPS® protection.
< Buy Smith Aaron Draplin Helmet Now starting at $170
5. BeFree Water Bottle. Aptly named you can fill the Katadyn BeFree Water Filter Bottle out of pretty much any river stream or clear lake. Simply screw on the filtered cap, and you will have fresh drinking water, anytime, anywhere. Our team uses this for spring touring, fly fishing, and mountain biking. Sure to make Dad's adventuring easier.
Summer Hangout Gear
6. Yeti Portable Soft Cooler. For the dad or family looking have summer fun outdoors, the M30 Yeti Portable soft cooler can hold 7.2 Gallons or up to 28 pounds. Perfect for picnicking on the beach, tailgating, or bringing the goods to the next barbecue. Consider the Yeti Reusable Cooler Ice Pack for added convenience. The Yeti 24 Roadie is a bit smaller with similar functionality.
7. Sit Comfortably on the go. The GCI FirePit Rocker is light, foldable, and comfortable, making it perfect for tailgating in the parking lot, barbecues, watching soccer or little league, or even headed to the beach. This summer is looking like it will be a lot more social than last, but outdoor hangs are likely to remain the standard.
Treating the Feet Right
8. CEP Compression Socks. Summer adventures can involve long hours on your feet and a good pair of compression socks can be the perfect antidote. CEP's socks come in different lengths, but all of them improve blood circulation and are designed to prevent injury and speed recovery.
9. Hoka One One Speedgoat 5 Trail Running Shoe. For Dad's summer trail running, we recommend Hoka's latest high performance, maximum comfort shoe. The Speedgoat 5 has excellent traction and is constructed with a new lightweight foam midsole for protection from rocks and other trail impediments. The wider toe box is accommodating. The cushion helps reduce strain on tired, achey joints. Dad may like these so much he'll wear them off the trails too.
Stylish & Functional
10. Volley Surf Shorts. These comfy,